RIP Maggi?


Few days ago, I was having a bowl of Maggi which was of course utterly tasty. The very next day came the surprising news of the recalling of Maggi noodles after sampling in Uttar Pradesh. Since that day, I haven't ate that blissful curly noodles(though it stays in my mind most of the time).
I know there are a lot of Maggi fans out there. And why one should not be?  It is tasty,quick and enough for a hungry stomach. Maggi is a masterpiece according to me. It has everything which can make somebody go gaga and it also brings out the experimental chef out of you.
I remember falling in love with this instant noodles from a very early age and gobbling it down every evening. I never ever missed to take part in the PR stunts of Maggi.
Only a true Maggi fan knows the pain and disgust of sharing even a spoonful of it with others. Accept it or not, we Maggi fans always have Maggi behind closed doors or secretly because nobody wants to share Maggi. Right?
Maggi advertisements are so so intriguing that I don't even miss a single commercial of it on the TV, even if an actress whom I personally don't like is dancing on it. I wait for the part in the end where she brings Maggi for the breakfast for her children and husband. They surely know how to make the people eat from their eyes. It looks so delicious on-screen also(power of Maggi).

After the success of Maggi noodles, many new noodle brands came into the market like Top Ramen, Wai Wai, Yippee. But let me tell you my dearest Maggi, I haven't changed my loyalty at all. You will be happy to know Maggi that like me, there are several other loyalist of yours who definitely have other noodles sometime but always rank you in the top position, taste and preference wise.
Oops, I was supposed to write about the ban and started to write about how nice Maggi is. Okay okay, as I mentioned in the beginning, the food inspectors have found Lead and MSG(Mono sodium Glutamate) in excess of the permissible limit in Maggi. I googled few things and found out that Lead affects multiple body parts and MSG can trigger headaches and other symptoms.
 My motive of telling you(especially the Maggi fans) this, is that avoid Maggi for a while till everything becomes clear. The Facebook page of Maggi claims that there's no recalling order of Maggi packets but things are shady right now. So control your craving of your favorite go-to snacks for a while.
In the end, I would like Nestle to know that the 2 rupee surge of the price of Maggi has made us really sad. I was happy with the 10 rupee price of my favorite noodles and the more delicious looking wrapper(the new wrapper is less appealing).


PS- 2 minute salute for the creator of Maggi, Mr. Julius Michael Johannes Maggi. Thank you,really!

Comments

  1. The food quality administration is too lax & shoddy in our country and it keeps coming up with such revelations intermittently. History tells us that nothing really ever comes out of such investigations and even if it did this time around it will be quickly slipped under the carpet as Nestle is too big a company to let go of its reputation and people are too addicted to let go of Maggi.

    Not a fan of Maggi but I know the addiction you are talking about as i have witnessed it with many of my close friends. You might as well start having Maggi right away because nothing really is going to change.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! But I will control my hunger of Maggi for a while. Health first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rongana, well said about Maggi and very insightful too. But I am still wafting in the flavours of Maggi. Nevermind the lead, my obsession with Maggi will go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you put a full stop on Maggi for a while. Once again,health first. :-D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The funny side of the horror movies!

Cinderella trolled!(Boys can also read this)