No Menstruation Talks, Please!


Periods.

It meant classes which we had in the schools for me till I grew old and came to know that it has another meaning. Yeah right, menstruation. Slowly I learnt from the girls and ladies(girls means the young ones and ladies means the older ones, haha) around that my periods is something which I should not discuss in the public(but anyway am discussing it). Umm, actually for few months am seeing a rapid rise in the number of girls who are speaking about their periods. That's actually good but it's bugging me as well because I smell publicity and men in this. Like uh, can you girls please stop discussing about something which nobody wants to see or discuss about.For instance, why on earth do you have to run a marathon in your periods without using a sanitary napkin or tampons? This lady claimed to have done this so that other women feel proud about their periods rather than hide away in shame. Really? Hide away in shame? Listen, no one hides away. We carry on with our work even in our periods so please lady, stop doing this nonsense things to grab headlines in the name of empowering other women. And yeah, you really looked disgusting with your dirty pants after the race.
Before this lady, I came across a Facebook post by a girl whose status read "My period blood is red. Why does the ads show them blue"? Hey girl you might have made this your status in order be termed as the straight-talking-chick but oh you chicken head girl, use some logic on aesthetic appeal. You seriously will be delighted to watch red blood drenched pads in the commercials while you are eating,watching TV with your family? It will be quite a repulsive thing and that's why they use the cool colour blue instead. And uploading status on Facebook regarding periods? Not so cool!
Usually the girls do it in the name of getting the men understand the pain and disgust a girl goes through during her period, but do you really think it works?
No. They will change the channel when a sanitary ad commercial comes, they will pack your pads carefully with newspapers so that no other can see it(that's what they do at the chemist's shop, right?),they will shy coyly among themselves when they get to know that a girl is having her periods,that's it.They do not bother to know what's going on inside you and yeah, they feel shy even when they see or hear the very word menstruation. As simple as that. Got me?

NOTE: This is going to be a long one but first of all don't take me being a narrow-minded blogger who is against the idea of girls speaking up about their problems. My only point is that why do you have to make your period talks public in order to make boys aware of it?
While I am writing this piece in a computer lab, a boy suddenly arrives to ask me for something,when suddenly he looks into my computer screen. He left even before saying a word. Oh!these shy creatures. My point proved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The funny side of the horror movies!

Cinderella trolled!(Boys can also read this)