I Wanted To Be Like Barbie. But Now It Makes No Sense



I grew up people calling me a replica of Barbie. When I was 6, I owned just one but promised myself to buy more when I start earning. Now 20-something and 3 years of fat pay cheques later, Barbie never really appeared on my shopping list.

1.    Because my sense prevailed with age.
2.    Investing in food sounded better to me.

The iconic doll celebrated her 60th birthday on March 9, 2019, and what surprised me, was that unlike every year, I completely forgot her birthday this time. Well, it's alright! After all, Barbie is not an inspiration to me anymore and shouldn't be for any of us.

36-18-33
That’s Barbie's vital statistics. Well, I am not even sure how that unusually lean body can store all the organs. Though what I am sure about is, that Mattel, the manufacturer, surely left her stomach out (hence, that figure). FYI, the stomach is probably the most important organ for me.


Now follow the lyrics of the classic Barbie Girl song.

I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation


Undress me everywhere? Okay, that means Barbie is basically into 50 Shades of Grey. No problem. But why is she okay to do it everywhere?

Unlike Barbie, I do have a “real” job
...which means I deal with real struggles, we all do. Barbie has more than 200 careers on her resume. She is a Doctor, Astronaut, Computer Engineer and a Journalist BUT her job responsibilities only include looking good and flashing that constipated smile, whereas, my job responsibilities include working, making mistakes to make it easier for my boss to yell at me, sobbing in the washroom, and guilt-eating at the end of the day. No wonder Barbie always has that fixed smile and that 14-inch waist.

Ken, her boyfriend
He is stylish, has parlour-finished hair, and is popular among girls and guys alike. The traits that every and only a teen would love (well, that's what I am guessing). But if you look carefully, he looks gay, or maybe...like a potential flirt.


CONCLUSION

Given a choice, I would any day choose (to watch) other interesting dolls like Annabelle or Chucky who at least do some exciting actions on-screen rather than riding ponies.


Comments

  1. I doubt anybody has thought like that! Kudos to you! Too good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Indisputable Bong11 April 2019 at 04:46

      Hi, Ahana. Thanks a ton for your compliment.

      Delete
  2. You are more cuter than barbie for sure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The funny side of the horror movies!

Cinderella trolled!(Boys can also read this)