Day and Destiny

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace;
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go;
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for its living;
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

I was in the first standard when I came across this Mother Goose rhyme.
I am a wednesday child. I hurriedly searched the meaning of "woe" as I was not aware of the word that time.
Once that word showed up I was presented with meanings like, Grief,Sorrow,Misery etc.
Since then, I never forgot the word "woe".
What were you thinking Mother Goose when you attached the word "woe" with wednesday? I mean all the other days have pretty much good words attached to them. Then why only its the wednesday which is doomed?
I relate to the "woe" thing every time something bad happens to me. For example, Even after giving the best performance, I don't become the winner. So I automatically connect with the omen called wednesday. I make myself understand that however I perform, I won't get the desired and deserved result because according to Mother Goose, wednesday's child gets woe.
Though I get adequate amount of happiness and success as well(much more than the woes). And afterall sorrow and happiness are part of our life. Right?
I started to believe this poem more when I  could relate people's nature with their respective day of birth. For example, my saturday born sister worked really hard to achieve her high flying job(and still works
hard). I know a friday born who is really loving and giving in nature. I know a wednesday born who despite being hard working and intelligent does a low paying job.
Do tell me Mother Goose how do you know so much about the fate of people?
Though I would truly want you to be merry to the wednesday born.

PS, Do read the poem to know which child you are.

All Hail Mother Goose!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The funny side of the horror movies!

Cinderella trolled!(Boys can also read this)